Welcome to our Adventure!

Al and I are thrilled that you have found your way to our blog. We hope you enjoy reading our journal and viewing our photographs of the natural wonder of our United States of America. Let's hit the road together!
Homer, Alaska

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Overwhelmed

At times, the task we have before us is overwhelming. We have our business sold, but the closing isn't until next month and we'll still be there until the end of the year. At least I have my accountant and lawyer to help me with that :-). The first of the year, though, we need to have everything set at this end by our departure date of March 26. I have to figure out what's going with me in the trailer, what's getting packed and stored until the house sells, what is sellable (either through Craigslist, ebay or yard sale) and what gets given away or tossed! I've never really moved before, just when I left my parent's house when I got married, and I didn't have much then :-). I look around at 30 years of accumulated stuff, and think, "WHAT was I thinking?" I can truly see how liberating it will be to have less "stuff".

With Al's mom and sister staying here in the house after we leave, I need to make sure everything is set so if the house sells while we're working this summer, they can just call the movers to come and get everything. I'm sure we can do it, it's just a bit daunting to think about. I sure could use any tips and hints from those who have "been there, done that"! :-)

One very difficult task was accomplished yesterday by Al. It was very hard for him to do, but he announced to his volunteer ambulance corp. members at their meeting last night of our plans, our move, and his departure from the corps. next March. This organization has been a huge part of his life for the last 30 years: he has been president for 8 years, is the senior advanced EMT-CC, and has been teaching EMT and EMT-CC classes to the entire community for the last 25 years. It wasn't an easy decision to give up this part of his life, but we do hope to continue to make a difference in people's lives by doing volunteer work on the road when we have the financial means to do so. I hope that anyone from the Sag Harbor Ambulance who may be reading this knows how much the people have meant to him, and the joy he received from his work there. And we will be back to visit! :-).

That's all for today. Thanks again for reading :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment