Welcome to our Adventure!

Al and I are thrilled that you have found your way to our blog. We hope you enjoy reading our journal and viewing our photographs of the natural wonder of our United States of America. Let's hit the road together!
Homer, Alaska

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just a quick shout out of Happy Thanksgiving to all our family and friends. It was a pretty nice day here on Long Island, a little cold but not too bad. We had a nice breakfast of French Toast before getting the turkey ready for the oven. Al brined it this year, and I can't begin to tell you how moist it came out :-). During breakfast, though, I noticed alot of birds hovering around our dining room window. We used to have birdfeeders up, and had a wide variety of birds come in, but eventually those pesky little rodents (rats!) found the free food, and we had to take down the feeders in order to get rid of the varmints. Well, I think those darn birds were trying to tell us it was Thanksgiving, and they wanted their feeders back up :-). So Al went out and put some up, and within minutes they were full! I guess the little devils didn't go too far :-). We'll leave them up for awhile and see if we develop any more problems.

As far as progress, not too much this week, but Al did get the wireless printer installed and working off of the laptop in the trailer. I measured cabinets up, and ordered some DVD mesh containers to bring along some of our movie collection. By the way, anyone need a simply huge collection of VHS movies?? Didn't think so :-). I have no idea of what to do with them besides chuck them in the dumpster. I also did alot of paper filing, and organizing of magazine recipe clippings. It will be so nice to have time to try the many recipes I've collected. We also pretty much decided to go with the Winegard Carryout portable satellite sytem for our TV pleasure, now just need to figure out whether it will be DirectTV or DiSH. I'll take any and all comments on that, please!

I'm going to leave you with a picture of one of the beautiful tigers at Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, Florida. Isn't he beautiful? Have a wonderful holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment