Welcome to our Adventure!

Al and I are thrilled that you have found your way to our blog. We hope you enjoy reading our journal and viewing our photographs of the natural wonder of our United States of America. Let's hit the road together!
Homer, Alaska

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I haven't forgotten!

I know it's been a week since I posted anything, but I can truly say I didn't have much to say!

The closing for the sale of the business will not take place by the end of the year, unfortunately. I had really hoped it would, so I wouldn't have all the accounting work and associated fees for doing the work for what should amount to only 2 weeks of being in business! But nothing I can do can alter the slow and tortuous path that paperwork takes, and of course the holidays are here now, and all work shall cease! We continue to work with the new owner and training new people, and saying good-bye to so many dear customers. That is the hard part for me...we have had some customers with us for over 30 years! I might be so bold as to say, that's a sign of loyalty that rarely happens in our current times! I feel as if perhaps, after all, I may have made some small impact on the community for all the years we've owned the store, and it deeply moves me to have so many heart-felt thank you's given to us. I am sure that I will meet many more wonderful and happy people as we change to this lifestyle, but I will miss my happy customers.

With the help from The 3G store, we have our internet system set up in the trailer now. We are waiting at this point for the cradlepoint router to come out with an upgrade for 4G service. I am hoping this will work well for us, and anxiously wait for Howard from R-V Dreams to post his review of using the new 4G service.

Other than that, we are just getting ready for Christmas like everyone else. Wrapping presents, cooking, etc. take up the free time we have. I do have a 3 day weekend for Christmas, and have my game plan on for getting my walk-in closet completely cleared out, packed up, and ready for painting! Wish me well in that endeavor!

Well, Merry Christmas to all, and may everyone have a happy, healthy and wealthy 2011 :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment